Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin (KPM), Johann Heinrich Strack (1805-1880)
The Munich vase №3 with two handles
Around 1831 - 1834
Height 78.5 cm
Porcelain, bronze, underglaze painting, casting, gilding
Decorated with murals with views of the Berlin Opera House on one side and the Berlin Theatre on the other.
According to the Royal Book of Accounts, the vase was given to Field Marshal Earl Wittgenstein.
Count Ludwig Adolf Peter zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (Peter Christianovich Wittgenstein) (1769-1843) was a Russian military commander of German origin, Field Marshal General of the Russian Army of the Holy Union at the Battle of Leipzig.
By the Charter of Prussian King Frederick William III of 19 April (1 May) 1834, Field Marshal General, Count of the Roman Empire Peter Christianovich Wittgenstein was raised, with his descending progeny, to the Ducal Kingdom of Prussia with the title of Lordship (since then Wittgenstein has been called the Prince of Wittgenstein-Sayn-Berleburg).
It is likely that the vase was given to him on that occasion.